Miyerkules, Oktubre 2, 2013

When Heroes Fall

When Heroes Fall

Who are the heroes of your life?

We all have our own heroes. We look up to them. We admire them in what they do. We idolize them. We dream that we too will be like them.

But when heroes fall to whom heroes go?

Superman will go to ice place where the crystals are hidden. There in the cold place he talks to his deceased father to ask for guidance. For one thing, no man can understand him for he is not a man. Only with someone who can identify with what he is going through that he will be understood. He finds peace in an ice place for there his father can be found. In that aloneness he finds the perfect peace.

Spiderman will go to the cemetery to talk to his uncle who reminds him that “with great power comes great responsibility.” There in silence he expresses the loneliness of being a hero. There he sheds tears for the thing he can do but opted not to because he is destined for a higher value. There he asks: “Am I not supposed to have what I want?” And there he surrenders everything.

Heroes are heroes not because they are perfect. They are heroes because they help others who are in trouble. They are those who can still lend a helping hand even though he or she still has something personal to attend to. They put the welfare of others before their own good. That makes them a hero.

Heroes heal though wounded. Heroes affirm though seldom appreciated. Heroes help though not thanked. Heroes do good though gain nothing in return.

Heroes as they are they too are vulnerable. They too have longings. They too have issues. They too have frustrations. They too are like you. Heroes fall too…And when they fall, they fall deep bottom.

Remember the Gary’s song Warrior is a Child:

“Lately I've been winning battles left and right,
But even winners can get wounded in the fight,
People say that I'm amazing,
I'm strong beyond my years,
But they don't see inside of me,
I'm hiding all these tears…

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down,
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around,
I drop my sword and cry for just a while,
'Coz deep inside this armor, The warrior is a child.”

So when you see your heroes fall, your heroes might be in iceland or in the cemetery…

Thank you boss. You are my hero.

By the way, am not a warrior. Am just a kid!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento